Thank you to the DMRF community for all you did to increase awareness of dystonia during Dystonia Awareness Month. Your efforts helped to further our strong desire to help everyone understand what dystonia is, how it changes lives, and how they can help end it!
Here are just a few highlights, made possible by our awareness all-star volunteers:
- A statement was once again entered into the Congressional Record that September is Dystonia Awareness Month.
- Governors, mayors, and other public officials across the country recognized Dystonia Awareness Month with proclamations.
- Dystonia Zoo Walks and community events created awareness in major metropolitan areas about dystonia.
- Educational meetings provided individuals and families impacted by dystonia the opportunity to get the latest information and connect with others in the community.
- Volunteers distributed Dystonia Moves Me stickers and info cards to friends, neighbors, colleagues, and local business/community leaders throughout September.
- Volunteers partnered with local healthcare offices to offer dystonia awareness materials in waiting rooms.
- We will be updating the website with highlights at: www.dystonia-foundation.org/dystonia-moves-me.
We are grateful to everyone who made an effort in September to share their story, create awareness, and increase awareness of dystonia. You all have helped to make a big difference.
Thank you and congratulations on your successful efforts! Our dystonia awareness efforts continue.
Accelerating Research & Inspiring Hope
The Dystonia Medical Research Foundation (DMRF) has served the dystonia community since 1976. Join us in our global effort to find a cure.