Ready for Dystonia Awareness Month?
Campaigns and events are happening across the country to bring greater visibility to dystonia. Join us!
September is Dystonia Awareness Month. We know many of you are preparing to participate in dystonia awareness activities. We want to express our appreciation to everyone who is working to increase awareness of dystonia. Your efforts today will make a difference for the entire community, and we are grateful to you.
Here are a list of efforts supported by the DMRF.
Dystonia Moves Me: Reaching the Undiagnosed
Right now, how many people do you think are struggling with dystonia but not yet diagnosed? You can help get the word out about dystonia by joining Dystonia Moves Me, DMRF's annual awareness campaign. The DMRF is calling on volunteers to ask local healthcare offices and businesses across the USA to provide dystonia awareness materials in their waiting rooms. The DMRF makes it easy for you to invite healthcare practices to request awareness materials for their offices.
To get started, order your free Dystonia Moves Me Volunteer Kit online at www.dystonia-foundation.org/DMM-kit. For highlights from the campaign throughout the month, go to: www.dystonia-foundation.org/dystonia-moves-me.
By taking part in the Dystonia Moves Me campaign you can enter a random drawing for a $100 gift card. To be included in the drawing, submit photos and images of your awareness efforts to the DMRF at www.dystonia-foundation.org/DMM_2017. Or post photos and videos with hashtag #DystoniaMovesMe on the DMRF’s Facebook wall and on Twitter (@dmrf).
Dystonia Awareness Merchandise
The DMRF has merchandise to help you promote greater dystonia awareness wherever you go. Order your limited edition dystonia awareness swag at www.dystonia-foundation.org/shop.
Thousands of supporters are expected to join us for local events to raise awareness and also provide an opportunity for community building while raising funds to support the mission of the DMRF.
Dystonia Zoo Walks: 11 cities are hosting Dystonia Zoo Walks in 2017. The DMRF is pleased to present a number of fabulous Zoo Walks during and surrounding Dystonia Awareness Month (#letszoothis):
- Cincinnati Zoo – September 9
- NYC/Bronx Zoo – September 10
- Cleveland Zoo – September 23
- Pittsburgh Zoo – September 24
- Philadelphia Zoo - October 15
And Don’t Miss:
- Mid-Michigan Dystonia Patient Forum - September 8
- Cards Againts Dystonia Casino Night (Shakopee, MN) - September 9
- DC Coast to Coast Showcase4Dystonia (Auburn, MA) - September 10
- Toss4Dystonia Cornhole Tournament – September 16
- $5DollarCure4Dystonia (online event) - September 17
- Dystonia Awareness Symposium (Hartford, CT) - September 17
- Putnam Dystance4Dystonia Walk - September 23
- Dystonia Day with the Boston Red Sox - September 27
- Dystonia Day with the Chicago White Sox - September 27
- Hunt for a Cure Indianapolis - October 1
- Dogs4Dystonia Marion, IA – October 7
For a complete list of DMRF events, visit www.dystonia-foundation.org/events
Living Well with Cervical Dystonia
The DMRF is partnering with Allergan on a seried of meetings focused on cervical dystonia featuring movement disorder specialists and patient ambassadors, though individuals with all types of dystonia are welcome to attend:
- Cleveland - September 12
- Seattle - September 16
- Nashville - September 27
- Columbus - October 3
- Grand Rapids - October 15
- Rochester - October 21
Questions? Contact the DMRF.
Accelerating Research & Inspiring Hope
The Dystonia Medical Research Foundation (DMRF) has served the dystonia community since 1976. Join us in our global effort to find a cure.