- Living With Dystonia
- Partnering with Your Doctor
- Find a Doctor
- Finding Support
- Coping Articles
- Emotional & Mental Health
- When a Child is Diagnosed
- Online Support
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Faces of Dystonia
Reimbursement for Botulinum Neurotoxin Injections
There are programs in place to help people access botulinum neurotoxin therapy.
Thes programs also helppatients with or without medical insurance achieve appropriate reimbursement for their treatment.
Botox Reimbursement Solutions & Patient Assistance Programs
Allergan, the manufacturer of Botox, sponsors a comprehensive reimbursement program for patients and providers called the Botox Reimbursement Solutions Program. This program includes a Botox Hotline and Botox Patient Assistance Program to assist patients who are receiving Botox injections. The Hotline is designed to respond to reimbursement questions and help individuals access Botox. For more information about this program log on to www.BotoxReimbursementsolutions.com or call 1-800-442-6869, Option 4.
The Botox Patient Assistance Program is dedicated to helping financially eligible patients gain access to Botox. A special website offers information about the program, who may qualify, and how to apply. Visit www.BotoxPatientAssistance.com.or call 1-800-442-6869, Option 4.
Cervical Dystonia Fund
Additionally, an assistance program specifically for people with cervical dystonia is in place. The Cervical Dystonia Fund is dedicated to assist insured patients who cannot afford the out-of-pocket costs associated with any FDA-approved treatment for cervical dystonia. The program is sponsored by Allergan and administered by the National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD). NORD can be reached at 800-999-6673, Option 3 or 800-44-BOTOX, Option 6.
Solstice Service & Support Center (Myobloc)
Solstice Neurosciences has created a Service & Support Center to provide information and address questions regarding reimbursement for their product, Myobloc. The Service & Support Center can be reached at 888-461-2255. Certified Medical Insurance Specialists who understand the regional nuances of Myobloc reimbursement staff the Service & Support Center. Solstice's web site is found at: www.solsticeneuro.com.
Ipsen CARES Program (Dysport)
Ipsen CARES Program (Coverage, Access, Reimbursement & Education Support) is designed to help patients get access to Dysport therapy they are prescribed quickly.
The program can help with the following things:
1. Benefit Verification – the program can research the patient’s insurance coverage including if the drug is covered, are there restrictions, and what is the patient out-of-pocket cost. The team will research coverage under both Pharmacy and Medical Benefits.
2. Restrictions – if there is a restriction, the program can research the specifics behind it. If there is a Prior Authorization, then we can determine what the requirements are and pull the form if one is required. We can provide both of these to the HCP. The HCP will be required to complete the clinical portion of the form and sign it.
3. Copay Assistance - If the patient is an eligible, commercially insured patients, then we can enroll them into the Copay Assistance Program. This program will help reduce the patient's out-of-pocket responsibility by up to $500/Rx with an annual max of $2,000/year.
4. Patient Assistance Program – a couple types of assistance for patients: Traditional PAP – for uninsured patients who meet financial criteria OR Functionally Uninsured PAP – for patients with insurance, but Dysport is not covered, who meet financial criteria
5. Specialty Pharmacy coordination (if requested by the office) – the program will coordinate with the appropriate Specialty Pharmacy to ensure that product gets delivered to the office.
For more information, call 866-435-5677 (8 am – 8 pm ET Monday to Friday). Or visit the website, www.ipsencares.com.
The Xeomin Patient Co-payment Program offers eligible patients assistance for their actual out-of-pocket costs for therapeutic treatment with Xeomin. Eligible treatment-related costs may include the cost of Xeomin, associated guidance therapy, and related administration fees.
Merz also offers the Xeomin Patient Assistance Program to provide Xeomin at no cost to eligible patients who are experiencing financial hardship and who do not have third party drug coverage.
Enrollment in the Xeomin Patient Co-payment Program or the Xeomin Patient Assistance Program is simple. Patients who want to learn more about the programs and secure an application form can do so by calling 888-4-XEOMIN (888-493-6646) or by speaking with their healthcare provider. Support representatives are available from 8 am until 8 pm (EST), Monday through Friday. The Xeomin website is www.xeomin.com/
Accelerating Research & Inspiring Hope
The Dystonia Medical Research Foundation (DMRF) has served the dystonia community since 1976. Join us in our global effort to find a cure.